Thursday, October 11, 2012

Maybe I should start a blog. Oh, wait, I have one!!

I have taken one heck of a blogging 'vacation'.  My last post was June 15.  I can't believe that it has been that long.  Wow.  Things haven't been boring in the least over here, with moving (which could be a whole blog post by itself!) and getting settled into the new house, state, schools, etc.

Normally, I would try to get you up to date chronologically.  I'm not even going to try that now.  So, you will have to contend with my quick updates on the family.

Choo's update
Choo is very happy we moved.  He is back with the teachers he loves and an area of the country that soothes him.  He had a bit of a time adjusting to the move.  He recognized the area, but was a bit perplexed that we weren't going back to the apartment.  And, now the whole family was here.  I'm sure he was thinking, 'What's up?", but, of course, couldn't verbalize it.  So he started banging his head.  Against the walls.  Until he made holes.  So, now my brand new house has holes in the walls.  Lovely.

He is refusing to take his supplements now that he is 'into' drinking water.  I'm at my wits' end trying to figure out how to sneak them to him.  A couple are fat soluble, not water soluble, so they clump up in his beverages.  Grrr.  Still tryng to get a handle on that.

Dude's update
Bear and Dude were my two holdouts.  neither really wanted to move.  You would think the autistic child would be the one who fought the change, but, no, it was these two.  I am very happy to report that Dude LOVES his school.  He enjoys not having to wear a uniform and thinks everything about the school is great.  

That is a relief.  And, if that wasn't good enough, our next door neighbor has a girl the same age as Dude.  She is a bit of a tomboy, so they play basketball and Xbox together.  I'm just glad that he has someone in our neighborhood (which now boasts 6 inhabited houses!) to hang out with.  He was really into the bus at the beginning of the school year, but now he rides with the next door neighbors.

He is going to be trying out for his school's basketball team and is also playing basketball in the county's youth basketball league.  His grades have all been stellar, as well.

Bear's update
I'm pretty sure that the man has an unnatural fixation for Publix grocery stores.  He is taking it all in stride and likes seeing the kids happy.  Choo has trained him to take walks around the neighborhood nightly.  Unfortunately, Choo thinks that an open garage door is an invitation to enter.  They have met most of the neighbors this way! :)

We have the nicest neighbors who all seem to have a soft spot for Choo.

My update
What can I say.  I'm still trying to unpack, finish repairing/ painting/ cleaning/ staging the old house to sell.  (which is one heck of a chore being 500 miles away!!)  I'm also trying to unpack, get a new driver's license, register the cars, hang pictures, add homey touches, etc. to the new house.  And breathing.  I sometimes forget that one.  

I'm trying to break things down into more manageable tasks, but that is not working really well for me.  My clothes need to be put in the dryer, so I gotta go!  

Any suggestions for future blogs?  I'm all ears- just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment