Thursday, January 10, 2013

New year, new resolutions

     I'm not even going to apologize for not writing more.  See, I read a post that starting to blog again after an absence was like starting to exercise again after a long hiatus.  Not a good analogy for me.  I'm in the Fitness Protection Program so equating blogging with exercise was a mental connection that gave me just one more excuse not to sit down and organize my jumbled thoughts into something you might want to read.

     I'm just going to jump right to the AWESOME NEWS!!  A week before Thanksgiving, I got a short 10 second video from Choo's school.  They got him to repeat, "Hi, Mom." and wave.  I sent it all over and posted it to my personal Facebook wall.  My iphone was going crazy with texts, FB responses, etc.  So, me being me, I don't let Choo leave the house without saying, "Momma".  It never gets old!  Just earlier this week, he had his first spontaneous speech.  Prior to that, he would repeat what you asked him to say.  I was rubbing his back and he said, "tickle".  He kept pointing to the table and saying something I couldn't understand.  After about 5 times, I figured out he wanted the remote control.  (What is it about males and the remote control?)

     Choo has trouble with certain consonant sounds.  We keep trying to get him to call Dude either "Bubby" or his given name.  Without hesitation and without fail, "Bubby" comes out as (I'm trying to type it phonetically) go-gie.  This is hysterical to me.  Why?  My maternal grandmother used to use go-gie as slang for your butt.  I do it, too.  So Dude knew exactly what Choo said.  I couldn't help but fall into hysterical laughter.  Dude kept asking "Why are you calling me a butt?" Yep, I found that funny, too!

     Now for the Thanksgiving debacle.  We went on a family vacation to Disney World.  On the first morning, Choo found a hidden iPhone.  Bear took it away from Choo and hid it better.  Choo went ballistic.  His choice of target: me.  He grabbed me by the hair while he threw himself on the bed.  He was on his back pulling me to him (by my hair) with both hands while his legs were curled up in a kangaroo kick to my gut.  I'm trying frantically to free my hair before he pulls out clumps.  That was a stupid move.  Once my hair was free, he let go with the kangaroo kick and I went sprawling.  It is hard to explain how I fell, but I landed quite contorted.  I banged my left side against the corner of a wall, hit my head on the wall, it felt like I twisted my left ankle. Oh, I landed really hard on my go-gie.  Choo stopped his tirade immediately and sat there staring at me.  Bear comes running out of the bathroom.  He is kneeling beside me asking if I'm okay, while telling Choo, "See what you did to Mommy?  You hurt Mommy." Choo got off the bed and tried to help me up.  He started to rub my arm, like I do for him to soothe him.  Could this be empathy?  Wow.  My ankle wasn't twisted (thank goodness) and I had an enormous bruise on my left hip (I don't bruise easily) but the most intense pain?  You guessed it, my butt.  It's a Small World ride was an exercise in torture with those hard as rock seats.  I kept rocking from one butt cheek to the other to try and get some relief, no luck.  But, my baby boy was such a pleasure (after that one intense incident)  Dude loved getting Choo to repeat words.  Gorilla, elephant, duck, monkey, Mickey, train, etc.  It was very laid back and relaxing.  Just what we needed.

     That ought to be enough to keep you going until next time- which may even be tomorrow. (but, don't hold your breath!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment