Monday, April 23, 2012

Oh yeah, it's the right decision.

Just opened Choo's backpack from Friday.  He is currently on Spring Break.  Yes- he is home for the whole week.  It seems like this kid is NEVER in school.  I already knew this, but it ticked me off all over again to see that Choo did not qualify for ESY (extended school year).  Why did he not qualify?  Well, they make their decisions based on the child's reaction to long breaks, mainly Christmas.  Since Choo did not start school until January, he missed the qualification period and therefore isn't eligible.  This sounds to me like a load of bull.  Can't they see that he went to ESY last year, ask me if I think he needs ESY this year and sign him up for it?  Since he didn't start til this semester, there was no discussion.  Case closed.

They are incredibly inflexible, but think it is okay to give me the shortest notice to keep him home.  Oh yeah, my blood pressure just went up.

No comments:

Post a Comment