Monday, April 23, 2012

What's going on?

Anyone who knows anything about me knows that I have been massively unhappy with Choo's school and the backward slide we have been on since we got home.  And I've been avoiding my blog because I have a big mouth.  They wouldn't have to torture me to get State secrets.  Hell, just have a grown up conversation with me and I'm liable to spill my guts to you.

We have been looking for a couple of months to move.  Dude wasn't really happy with the idea at first, but when we took him and Choo looking for houses over Easter weekend, he started to warm up to the idea.  We put an offer out there only to find that the sellers weren't willing to deal.  Then we put an offer on our second house.  We thought they were playing with us by saying they had another offer.  They weren't, so we lost that house.  Unfortunately, that put us back to square 1.  Great.  Bear decided that I should go back by myself and look.  Well, that is what I did this weekend.  I was supposed to come home on Sunday, but there were a few homes I wanted to get in to see.  I'm so glad I stayed!  I was looking at new construction and they just happened to have a house that was being bricked, but you could still pick everything you wanted for the interior.  They are sure they can get it done by July 20, so we will be there for the next school year.  (They may even be able to finish it sooner!!)

While it will be hard to me to say goodbye to my friends here, I know that we are doing what is right for our family.  It was really sad to hear from a friend in D.C. that Louisiana is at least 5 years behind the rest of the country when it comes to services for autistic children.  So, it's out of state we go.  

I gotta go, Choo keeps trying to snag the computer from me.

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you have found a place but where? I am so sad that Choo is struggling and the ppl at the school are not too smart to make positive decisions that affect his life or yours. My heart goes out to you. Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete